How to protect your smartphone from Loss or theft. Tips and Tricks
It is a big headaches when you lose your smartphone or worse when is stolen, think about all the info that you will not recover. Here some tips to protect your Smartphone from loss or theft.
What to do before and after
Don’t Leave It Lying Around!
Are you someone who likes to have their cell phone handy at all times? Keeping it in your pocket or purse is fine, but if you sit down at a table or in a bar, setting your phone down on the table can set you up to forget it later. Keep your phone on your person at all times.
Write Down Your Serial Number or IMEI
Dial *#06# like you were making a regular call. The IMEI will appear on the screen. This will not work on all phones, for those, Check under the battery as well.
Use a strong screen lock
Use a ‘find my phone’ app
Regularly Back up your personal info (Contacts, Photos videos…)
Try calling your phone number, maybe a honest person found your phone and will return it.
Log on to your “find my phone” . Try to locate the phone on a map. if no, push the erase button.
Call your service provider and report it. (sometimes you will need the IMEI number, that’s why is important write it down)
Hope will be helpful.
- How to unlock Samsung Galaxy S6 Active + specifications
- Galaxy Note 5 owners report broken S Pen issue
- How to unlock Samsung Galaxy Note 5 + specifications
- How to turn your Galaxy S6 into a Galaxy Note 5
- How to fix a water damaged cell phone
- How to fix a phone that won’t charge
- All about unlocking your cell phone.
- Cell Phone Unlocking codes
- How to Unlock Alcatel Cell phones
- How to Unlock Blackberry Cell phones
- How To Unlock HTC Cell phones
- How to Unlock Huawei Cell phones
- How To Unlock iPhone’s Cell phones
- How to Unlock kyocera Cell phones
- How To Unlock LG Cell phones
- How to Unlock Motorola Cell phones
- How to Unlock Nokia Cell phones
- How to Unlock Pantech Cell phones
- How To Unlock Samsung Cell phones
- How To Unlock ZTE Cell phones
- T-Mobile – Metro PCS USA Mobile Device Unlock App