How to unlock Samsung Galaxy Avant (SM-G386T) T-Mobile
The Samsung Galaxy Avant (SM-G386T) cell phone from T-Mobile USA is using a custom firmware preventing the phone from being unlocked by code as there is no way to enter it (the phone is simply not asking for “SIM Network Unlock PIN”).
So what do you do if you get an Unlock Code but you cannot use it?
Now there is a solution consisting of an upgrade to the firmware of the phone with MetroPCS Firmware instead of T-Mobile, and this will allow the phone to ask for the Unlock Code. Below you will find a tutorial about how to do this. Once you flash (update) your Phone with this New Firmware, please make sure that your Samsung SM-G386T is asking for “SIM Network Unlock PIN”. And if the answer is yes you can then click this link to order the Unlock Code of your Samsung Galaxy Avant from T-Mobile USA.
Step by Step Tutorial Firmware Upgrade
Samsung Galaxy Avant (SM-GT386T) to MetroPCS Firmware
Disclaimer: Unlockallcellular is not responsible if users break / brick or damage their phone while trying to use this method. You must not use this firmware for any other Android Cell Phone other than the Samsung Galaxy Avant (SM-G386T) from T-Mobile USA. Do so at your own risk. If you’re not sure what you are doing, please seek assistance at a local cell phone service center in your area.
Step 1 (Preparation):
- Download the Special MPCS Firmware for Samsung SM-G386T using think link.
- Download ODIN v3.09 Service Software using this link.
- Make sure your phone battery is charged more than 60%.
- Enable USB Debugging, by open Settings > Developers Option > USB Debugging
If Developers Option is hidden, go to Settings > About Phone > Built Number (tap on it for 5-8 times)
- Make sure you install the Samsung Galaxy Avant USB drivers on your PC, if you haven’t already.
(Optional: Download the Original T-Mobile Firmware for Samsung SM-G386T using think link.)
Step 2 (Update SM-G386T Firmware):
- Run Odin3 v3.09 as administrator (Right-Click: Run as Administrator).
- Switch OFF your Samsung Galaxy Avant SM-G386T
- Boot in download mode, by pressing the Volume Down + Home + Power Key simultaneously.
- When a construction Android robot icon with a warning triangle appears on screen:Tap Volume Up button to enter Download Mode:
- Connect the Samsung Galaxy Avant SM-G386T (T-Mobile) to your PC with the USB cable.
Odin will automatically detect your phone and show the “Added!” message.
- In the Odin, click on AP or PDA
and then choose G386T1UVU1ANH3_G386T1TMB1ANH3_G386T1UVU1ANH3_HOME.tar file.
- Ensure Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time options are selected selected in Odin
while the Re-Partition option is unchecked (this is very important).
- Click Start in Odin and wait for the software to update your phone.
- Once the root installation is done, your phone will reboot
and soon a PASS message with a green background appears in the left-most box at the very top of Odin.
- You can close Odin after device turns on.
- Your Samsung Galaxy Avant SM-G386T is now fully update with MetroPCS Firmware!
AFTER FLASHING A SAMSUNG SM-G386T T-MOBILE WITH THIS FIRMWARE THE PHONE WILL ASK FOR A NETWORK CODE WHEN YOU PUT A NON APPROVED CARRIER’S SIM CARD ON THE PHONE. AFTER YOU HAVE UNLOCKED THE SM-G386T YOU CAN FLASH A T-MOBILE FIRMWARE BACK TO THE DEVICE SO THAT IT GOES BACK TO STOCK AND THE CUSTOMER DOES NOT LOSE WARRANTY. PHONE WILL REMAIN UNLOCKED.