Why my Pantech Pursuit II is locked?
When you purchase a cell phone it is often offered at a discounted price by the cellular network. In return for this generosity they "lock" your Pantech Pursuit II to their network, so that you can only use their network for making and receiving calls. This means that you cannot use the SIM card of another network, and if you try to do so the phone will display "Phone Restricted", “Contact Service Provider”, “Enter Unlock Code” or a similar message. Unlocking the phone removes this lock, allowing you to use your Pantech Pursuit II on any GSM wireless network anywhere in the world.
Why should I unlock my Pantech Pursuit II?
- Save a fortune abroad, by using cheap local SIM cards rather than expensive roaming tariffs.
- As usually subsidize the cost of the phone, by unlocking it you are increasing the resale value of your Pantech Pursuit II by up to 300%.
- Use your work and personal SIM card in your unlocked Pantech Pursuit II no need to carry two phones again.
- Get the best value tariffs by swapping SIM cards to take advantage of the latest offers.
- You never send your Pantech Pursuit II to anybody.
- Fast and easy. Instructions are free. Unlocking itself takes 1-3 minutes.
- No opening your Pantech Pursuit II and risk of damage to your device.
- Very easy, no technical experience necessary.
- No complicated software or hardware just enters code, and your Pantech Pursuit II is PERMANENTLY unlocked.
- Is safe and does not void Pantech Pursuit II’s warranty.
- Unlocking is a one-time event. It works for the life of your Pantech Pursuit II.
Will I have to unlock my Pantech Pursuit II every time I change SIM Card?
No, even if you upgrade the software (flash) or hard reset your Pantech Pursuit II, it remains permanently unlocked, no matter what you do to it.
What is a SIM Card?
A SIM card or Subscriber Identity Module is a portable memory chip used in GSM phones. The SIM Card allows users to change phones by simply removing the SIM Card from one cell phone and inserting it into another. The SIM holds personal identity information, cell phone number, phone book, text messages and other data.
How does the remote unlocking work?
Upon successful order submission, we will process your Pantech Pursuit II's unique IMEI number and email back an unlock code.
What does IMEI mean?
The International Mobile Equipment Identity or IMEI is a 15 digit serial number unique to every GSM cell phone. We generate the unlocking code from the IMEI, this is called remote unlocking.
How to get the IMEI#?
Enter *#06# into your phone to retrieve the unique 15 digit IMEI number. It can also be found printed on the back of the phone underneath the battery.
Is cable and software required?
No software or cable is required at all.
How do I enter the unlock code?
It is very easy to enter the unlock code. Instructions will be provided.
How Safe is it and is it guaranteed to Work?
Removing the network restriction on your Pantech Pursuit II with unlocking codes is the safest and fastest way to unlock a cell phone. There is absolutely no risk of damaging your Pantech Pursuit II or void warranty. You simply enter the unlock codes directly into your Pantech Pursuit II via the Pantech Pursuit II’s keypad to remove the network restriction. We guarantee it to work or your money back.
Is cell phone unlocking legal?
Yes is legal. On November 26, 2006, the U.S. Copyright Office ruled that consumers can legally unlock their cell phones in order to use them with rival carriers. Some times you might be able to ask your network to provide you with an unlock code. However, they will only do this for free if you have completed your contract. Obviously most networks don't want you moving away from their network so they will often charge extortionate rates to unlock your Pantech Pursuit II and you can also be made to wait up to 3 weeks to receive your unlock codes.